North Lakes Overview
Sensei Chris has a passion for martial arts and has dedicated his life to share this gift with his students. After a long career in stressful corporate positions he made the decision to take the big step and pursue his dream to become a full time martial arts instructor. Sensei Chris identified a need in his local community for the life changing programs Black Belt Martial Arts can offer.
Sensei Chris is a 2nd Dan black belt in Shotokan Karate, 1st Dan black belt in Kobudo (Okinawan weapons), Owner & head instructor of BBMA Lake Haven, NCAS Bronze accredited AKF coach, Senior First Aid Officer, BBMA Certified Teacher Trained and has over 17 years martial arts experience.
All instructors, assistant instructors and staff undergo a safe working with children check to ensure our children’s safety.
The Lake Haven Dojo first opened in September 2014 by Sensei Chris in the Lake Haven Shopping Centre Complex and has now relocated to a new huge premises at 5 Botham Close Charmhaven
BBMA North Lakes offers:-
- Lil Dragons classes for 3 - 7 year olds focusing on discipline, self-defense, anti-bullying and fun!
- Our Karate program for 8 years to adult develops essential life skills and self-defense from white to Black Belt and beyond.
- Kickboxing for fourteen years and above is a cardio intensive feel the burn workout encompassing self-defense.
- Matayoshi Kobudo is a traditional weapons program for 14 years and above.
- We also have a great competition pathway for our students both nationally and internationally.
- The school also does a lot of work for the community by teaching After Schools and Sports Programs at local schools, self-defense seminars for women, children and demonstrations in the public eye.
Sensei Chris and the BBMA Lake haven team are dedicated to help you reach your individual goals.
To provide martial arts and life skills programs to men, women and children that educate, inspire and positively influence their lives.
In doing so we:
Change people one class at a time.
Change communities one Black Belt at a time.
Change our country one martial arts academy at a time.